The following Recall Notice is provided with permission from Food Standards Australia New Zealand and more information can be found at their website www.foodstandards.gov.au
Date Notified To FSANZ: 11 October 2011
Food Type: Confectionery
- Crazy Koala Macadamia Nuts Cairns (130g)
- Crazy Koala Macadamia Nuts Sydney (130g)
- Crazy Koala Macadamia Nuts Gold Coast (130g)
- Melbourne – World’s finest macadamia nut (130g)
- Australia – World’s finest macadamia nut (130g)
Package Description & Size: 130 g Cardboard Box
Country of Origin: Australia
Date Marking: Produced on: PD 2011/09/15 and PD 2011/09/22
Best Before: BB 2012/10/15 and BB 2012/10/22
Australian Distribution: The recalled product has been sold in tourist souvenir gift shops in QLD, VIC and NSW.
Overseas Distribution: Paton’s has exported the following products to Thailand and Guam:
- Pacific Islands Club (110g)
- Paton’s Guam (110g)
- Paton’s Saipan (110g)
- Taste of Paradise – Shell & Sand (130g)
- Crazy Koala Macadamia Nuts (Australian Flag) (130g)
- Crazy Koala Macadamia Nuts (Koala) – (130g)
Reason for Recall: Presence of microbial contamination (Salmonella)
Problem: The recall of the above products is due to the presence of Salmonella bacteria.
Food Safety Hazard: Although no illnesses or adverse effects have been reported, food products contaminated with Salmonella may cause illness if consumed.
What to do: Consumers should not eat these products. Any consumers concerned about their health should seek medical advice.
Customers should return these products to the place of purchase for a full cash refund.
Contact details: For further information contact Paton’s Macadamia Plantations Pty Ltd on our toll free customer service number 1800 337 495