Foodbank is Australia’s largest storehouse and distributor of food donations. These donations are given by multiple food businesses, many of which produce product specifically to give to Foodbank.
Foodbank provides welfare groups and councils with a central place in all states to help needy or underprivileged Australians.
Foodbank, these people and the groups which provide for them would not have the food without the support of food businesses, of all sizes. Recently in a ceremony in Canberra, Foodbank recognised the biggest supporters in the Foodbank Australia’s 2015 Awards.
Enzo Allara, Chairman of Foodbank Australia, said; “… that Foodbank always asks a lot of Australia’s food companies but “unfailingly they answer the call.” The job continues in working to realise our vision of an Australia without hunger but it is important to stop and reflect on what we’ve accomplished and acknowledge the outstanding individual contributions that make our work possible.”
This year’s Award recipients were;
- Kelloggs – between 2013 and 2016, donated one billion cereal and snack serves
- SPC Ardmona – for it’s commitment to no waste and a decade of support
- Havas Worldwide and GroupM – Foodbank’s Food Fight campaign support
- BHP Billiton – donated AUD$3.5million towards the building of the Foodbank Perth Warehouse
- Cerebos – made a significant financial contribution as well as making a dramatic increase in product donations.
Gary Dawson, Australian Food and Grocery Council (AFGC) CEO, said; “The strong commitment of food companies in providing practical, direct assistance to those in need is demonstrated in these great award winners.”